Business Development Manager
Mayku is searching for a Business Development Manager to grow our existing accounts and hunt for new business.
Deadline for applications: 15 May 2018
Who are Mayku?
Website | Instagram
At Mayku, we’re giving people the power to make. Our first mission is to build a simple set of machines that anyone can use - a personal factory that takes handmade to the next level. Our first machine, the FormBox, gives everyday makers creative superpowers - helping them to make anything from lampshades to jello molds - and that's just the beginning. We’ve had almost $1m in pre-orders to date, and are on track for £3m in sales this year. We are backed by some of Europe’s most successful investors. It’s the start of something very big, and we’re looking for talented people to be a part of it.
So, what's the opportunity?
We’re not shy about saying that we want to start a movement. That’s where you come in. You’ll work directly with our Global Sales Director to grow Mayku’s key accounts, find new business and join us in spearheading a global creative revolution.What will I be doing?
- You’ll be part of the Mayku founding team and lead growth of our key accounts.
- You will be responsible for finding new business and closing deals.
- You’ll work directly with our Marketing Director to ensure our partners are maintaining the integrity of our brand.
- You will spend the majority of your time out on the road, attending meetings and closing business.
- You’ll partner with our Sales Director to ensure our retail and distribution partners are hitting their sell-through targets.
- As we grow, you’ll build a team around you and progress into a management role.
What are the requirements?
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ sales experience.
- Ideally, you’ve worked in consumer electronics.
- You have experience selling to distribution and managing B2B resellers, educational resellers and retailers.
- You enjoy talking to customers and being out on the road.
- You are experienced in prospecting and cold calling new customers and accounts to book meetings and secure new business.
- You have commercial awareness, are hungry to succeed and have excellent attention to detail.
- You’re motivated to work independently and are a quick learner.
If I apply, what will the hiring process be like?
People are the most important part of any company, and we put a lot of thought into who we hire at Mayku. For the successful candidate, our hiring process looks like this:
- Apply via the button below by 15 May 2018.
- We will kick things off with a short phone call to answer your questions, and learn a bit more about you.
- A second, more in-depth phone interview with our CEO will help us learn more about your specific experience.
- If it's sounding like you're a solid fit, we'll invite you for an onsite interview to meet the team and further discuss the opportunity.
- Our final step will be a short project (which can be done from home during your own time) which will give you one last chance to really knock our socks off and convince us you are The One.
- You’re also welcome to request a meeting with one of our investors to put any queries directly to them.
- Finally, you'll receive a formal offer to join Mayku!
If you think you’re a great fit for the role, then we’d love to hear from you. If it’s looking like we won't be a match, we’ll let you know as soon as possible.
What do we offer?
- Impact, trust, and influence at a well-funded, scaling startup
- Meaningful stock options, competitive salary and yearly bonus
- Nimble, flexible working structure and engaged teammates
- Work from home as much as you like
- No strict working hours
- Beautiful studio in the heart of Shoreditch
- Regular team lunches and pub sessions
- Unlimited healthy (and not-so-healthy) snacks
- Quarterly team away day somewhere exciting
- Car allowance