Head of Sales & Business Development
Mayku is searching for a Head of Sales and Business Development to grow our existing accounts and hunt for new business.
Deadline for applications: 17th April 2019
What is Mayku?
Website | Instagram
At Mayku, we’re giving people the power to make. Our first mission is to build a simple set of machines that anyone can use - a personal factory that takes handmade to the next level. Our first machine, the FormBox, gives everyday makers creative superpowers - helping them to make anything from lampshades to jello molds - and that's just the beginning. We have 3500 customers in 74 countries and have established a global distribution network. We are backed by some of Europe’s most successful investors. It’s the start of something very big, and we’re looking for talented people to be a part of it.
So, what's the opportunity?
We’re not shy about saying that we want to start a movement. That’s where you come in. We’re building a network of reseller partners to help get FormBoxes into the hands of makers worldwide. We have 60 set up so far. You’ll work directly with our CEO to grow our partner programme and join us in spearheading a global creative revolution.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll be part of the Mayku founding team and lead growth of our key accounts.
- You’ll fiercely approach finding new leads and nurturing them through to close.
- You’ll work directly with our marketing team to ensure resellers have the content they need to drive sales.
- You’ll partner with our CEO to ensure our retail and distribution partners are hitting their sell-through targets.
What are the requirements?
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ sales experience.
- You have experience growing a network of reseller partners from a small base to hundreds globally.
- You have experience working with a base of reseller partners to implement marketing initiatives.
- You are experienced in prospecting and cold calling new customers and accounts to book meetings and secure new business.
- You have commercial awareness, are hungry to succeed and have excellent attention to detail.
- You’re motivated to work independently and are a quick learner.
- You are a great problem solver and have the ability to clearly articulate challenges you’re facing to the wider team.
- You enjoy working in a dynamic fast paced environment.
If I apply, what will the hiring process be like?
People are the most important part of any company, and we put a lot of thought into who we hire at Mayku. For the successful candidate, our hiring process looks like this:
- Apply via the button below by 17th April 2019
- We will kick things off with a short phone call to answer your questions, and learn a bit more about you.
- We’ll invite you in for a two-stage interview to give you a chance to meet the team and for us to learn a bit more about your background and experience.
- You’ll come in for half a day of paid work to get a feel for the company, and give us a chance to explore working with each other.
- You’re also welcome to request a meeting with one of our investors to put any queries directly to them.
- Finally, you'll receive a formal offer to join Mayku!
If you think you’re a great fit for the role, then we’d love to hear from you. If it’s looking like we won't be a match, we’ll let you know as soon as possible.
What do we offer?
- Impact, trust, and influence at a well-funded, scaling startup.
- Meaningful stock options, competitive salary and quarterly bonus.
- Nimble, flexible working structure and engaged teammates.
- Work from home 1 day a week.
- Beautiful studio in the heart of Shoreditch.
- Unlimited healthy (and not-so-healthy) snacks.
- Quarterly team away day somewhere exciting.
So, what's the salary?
- £30-£40k + quarterly bonus
- Room to grow as your role develops