Head of Logistics
Mayku is searching for a Head of Logistics to manage our inventory, steer our supply chain and ensure customers get their products on time.
Deadline for applications: 15 May 2018
Who are Mayku?Website | Instagram
At Mayku, we’re revolutionising the way people make their ideas real. Our first mission is to build a simple set of machines that anyone can use - a personal factory that takes handmade to the next level. Our first machine, the FormBox, gives everyday makers creative superpowers - helping them to make anything from lampshades to jello molds - and that's just the beginning. We’ve had almost $1m in pre-orders to date, and are on track for £3m in sales this year. We are backed by some of Europe’s most successful investors. It’s the start of something big, and we’re looking for talented people to be a part of it.
So, what's the opportunity?
We’re not shy about saying that we want to start a movement. A well managed supply chain is going to be fundamental to our success. We’re looking for an experienced logistics person to join us and take control of our entire order cycle.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll work directly with our Global Sales Director to forecast demand then lease with our factory to make sure we have enough inventory to meet it.
- You’ll keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- You’ll arrange warehousing, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments.
- You’ll work directly with our founder and CPO to direct, optimize and coordinate our factory order cycle.
- You’ll manage our 3PL to ensure the efficient delivery of product to our customers.
- You’ll set us up to gather useful data and implement systems that increase the efficiency of our operation.
What are the requirements?
- You have at least 4 years experience in logistics or supply chain.
- You’re proficient in standard logistics software.
- You have experience working with distributors.
- You have excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
- You’re motivated to work independently and are a quick learner.
- You’re excited about the opportunity to work in a fast paced scaling startup.
If I apply, what will the hiring process be like?
People are the most important part of any company, and we put a lot of thought into who we hire at Mayku. For the successful candidate, our hiring process looks like this:
- Apply via the button below.
- We will kick things off with a short phone call to answer your questions, and learn a bit more about you.
- A second, more in-depth phone interview with our CEO will help us learn more about your specific experience.
- If it's sounding like you're a solid fit, we'll invite you for an onsite interview to meet the team and further discuss the opportunity.
- Our final step will be a short project (which can be done from home during your own time) which will give you one last chance to really knock our socks off and convince us you are The One.
- You’re also welcome to request a meeting with one of our investors to put any queries directly to them.
- Finally, you'll receive a formal offer to join Mayku!
If you think you’re a great fit for the role, then we’d love to hear from you. If it’s looking like we won't be a match, we’ll let you know as soon as possible.
What do we offer?
- Impact, trust, and influence at a well-funded, scaling startup
- Meaningful stock options, competitive salary and yearly bonus
- Nimble, flexible working structure and engaged teammates
- Skip the commute one day per week and work from home (or anywhere you'd like!)
- No strict working hours
- Beautiful studio in the heart of Shoreditch
- Regular team lunches and pub sessions
- Unlimited healthy (and not-so-healthy) snacks
- Quarterly team away day somewhere exciting